Auditing and Assurance Special Interest Group (SIG1)
The Auditing and Assurance Special Interest Group (AASIG) aims to develop a supportive environment for accounting academics in Australia and New Zealand who are engaged in, or wish to engage in auditing and assurance research and/or teaching. The AASIG aims to support research, education and foster relationships with practice in order to improve the contribution of academics to the auditing and assurance areas.
Members may include those with interests in all aspects of auditing, assurance including issues related to ethics, risk management and governance, whether in private, public or not-for-profit sectors.
The SIG comprises experienced and well-published academics, early and mid-career academics and PhD students. The main activities of the SIG include::
- providing a forum for continuing education in relation to the teaching of audit, assurance, ethics, risk management and governance issues
- providing a forum for continuing education with regard to current professional issues in relation to auditing and assurance
- disseminating information and communicating members’ research interests and emerging issues in research
- providing opportunities to present new research ideas and work-in-progress in supportive workshops with more time than is usually available at a conference
- providing opportunities to present emerging issues in research methodologies
- initiating, encouraging and facilitating collaborative research
- encouraging both new and established researchers in auditing and assurance research using a variety of methods
The Auditing and Assurance SIG meets on an annual basis immediately prior to the AFAANZ Annual Meeting to undertake the above activities.
To become a member of the Auditing and Assurance SIG you will first need to become a member of AFAANZ. The fee for AFAANZ membership is AU$132 including GST for applicants residing in Australia and AU$120 for applicants residing outside Australia. More information and online membership is available at http://www.afaanz.org/afaanz-membership
Note that membership is based on a calendar year. Refer below for the fee for the Auditing and Assurance SIG.
AU$22 Australian members, AU$20 non-Australian members
OUR NEXT MEETING
Date: Sunday July 2, 2017
With support from CPA Australia, members of the Auditing and Assurance SIG have published the following research syntheses in the Australian Accounting Review:
- Auditor Professional Scepticism: Impact of Trust and Distrust. Authors: Noel Harding, Mohammad I. Azim and Janine P. Muir
- Audit Market Structure and Competition in Australia. Authors: Elizabeth Carson, Nives Botica-Redmayne and Lin Lia
- Review of Post-CLERP Australain Auditor Independence. Authors: Peter J. Carey, Gary S. Munroe and Greg Shailer
- Trends in Auditor Reporting in Australia: A Synthesis and Opportunities for Research? Authors: Elizabeth Carson, Neil Fargher and Yuyu Zhang
AUDIT QUALITY RESEARCH COLLABORATION (AQRC) PANEL
AQRC Panel is an exciting initiative for audit researchers to access research participants. Please cleik on the following link to read more about the panel.
SIXTH MEETING _ AFAANZ Conference 2016_GOLD COAST
FIFTH MEETING _ AFAANZ Conference 2015_HOBART
FOURTH MEETING _ AFAANZ Conference 2014_AUCKLAND
THIRD MEETING _ AFAANZ Conference 2013_PERTH
SECOND MEETING _ AFAANZ Conference 2012_MELBOURNE
The second meeting of the SIG was yet again another success with 37 members participating. Attached below are four files that relate to keynote speakers' presentations and minutes of the meeting
INAUGURAL MEETING _ AFAANZ Conference 2011_DARWIN